Open to all universities and vocational training centers (both public and private), the main lines of action of the Basque Ecodesign HUB are:
- Training young people, students and unemployed people about circular economy and environmental concepts and methodologies like Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) and ecodesign
- Developing technical projects in collaboration with companies, mainly SMEs, for a period of six months and with the support and mentoring of experts in the field
- Training Basque industrial companies and their technical staff
- Establishing a system of ecodesign research and environmental monitoring in the Basque Country
- Supporting entrepreneurs in the field of ecodesign and circular economy.
So far, the main results are:
- Setting up of the the Ecodesign Classroom at the Faculty of Engineering of Bilbao. More than 50 companies and over 100 students participated, developing more than 100 projects.
- Setting up of the Ideas Laboratory of the Basque Ecodesign Center, a centre for the definition of new business opportunities that incorporate the environment as a differential factor.