The WISER project impacts positively upon behavioural change in relation to resource efficiency and reuse principles. Through its activities WISER raises awareness relating to resource consumption and waste generation building upon pilot project activities of the Rediscovery Centre that hosts 4 social enterprises (upcycling paints, furniture, fashion and bicycles). In turn this, and the dissemination of eco-skills, will bring about a behavioural shift evident in designer, consumer, and construction behaviour.
See video on YouTube ”What is the Rediscovery Centre?”
The WISER LIFE project has developed the Rediscovery Centre as a demonstration centre for circular economy education, research & training. Main results:
- The centre has four reuse social enterprises using waste materials as resources and delivering skills training for unemployed people.
- Rediscover Fashion produces 100% redesigned & upcycled fashion, accessories, and homeware.
- Rediscover Paint collects paint from public recycling centres and reuses it through community networks.
- Rediscover Cycling enables bicycle reuse and Rediscover Furniture upcycles and restores furniture previously destined for landfill.
- All social enterprise products are sold in the new Ecostore.
- The centre also delivers lifelong learning programmes aimed at low carbon living and sustainable development.