Clothes rental - helping to reduce textile waste, greenhouse gas emissions and water footprint
Tale Me is the first European dressing room to rent clothing for maternity (pregnancy and breastfeeding) and babies/children from 0 to 6 years old. Two periods of life during which clothes are worn for a very short time. Rather than buying, accumulating, or throwing away, Tale Me offers the opportunity to rent clothes. This is a new way of consumption in an ethical and sustainable way as well as being fashionable and trendy.
Main activity field
Identified challenge (s)
- Eco-friendly clothes have been produced and long-term partnership has been forged between Tale Me and a local working sewer for the repair work;
- A logistical centre has been opened in Brussels, where all packages leave to European countries;
- The number of the costumers increases continuously and the customers profile is evolving very fast;
- A website has been created, where online offers are published and orders can be taken;
- By gaining an increasing number of customers, the rental, repair and return of clothes business will continue after the closure of the project;
- Tale Me founder, Anna Balez, was rewarded the second prize of the "L'entrepreneur le plus audacieux 2017" competition.