The EU-funded SwitchMed Programme supports and connects stakeholders to scale-up social and eco-innovations in the Mediterranean. It promotes inclusive growth, job creation and sustainable development by supporting policy makers, eco-innovative small and medium sized enterprises, industries, start-ups and entrepreneurs in the Southern Mediterranean countries. In order to help the transition to more sustainable ways of life in the eight target SwitchMed countries, SwitchMed is delivering to CSOs a free training and supervision programme with experts in sustainable consumption and production. The objective is to develop ecological and social innovation ideas proposed by these participants. In total, 160 organisations will benefit from an intensive 4-day workshop. Two of the most promising ideas in each beneficiary country will receive additional technical support for several months, during an incubation phase to:
- develop a “support plan” for their initiative;
- receive regular coaching sessions for six months to support the implementation of the initiative;
- benefit from an external technical support based on the needs identified in the “support plan”.
Main activity field:
- 260 CSOs and change agents mapped and as a result a Local Partner engaged in each country;
- Training materials targeting CSOs developed and Local Trainers identified and trained;
- National Workshops for CSO’s Eco-innovation Initiatives developed, with a total of 160 trainees (out of 573 applicants);
- In each country, 2 Civil Society Eco-innovation Initiatives selected and being supported through personalized coaching and external technical support;
- A web-platform disseminating stories from Mediterranean Green Entrepreneurs has been launched: The Switchers). To date, 200 success stories form Green Entrepreneurs and CSO’s Ecoinnovation initiatives have been identified and selected as Switchers.