Packaging: Waste or valuable resource? Harnessing the value of packaging in the food system
Imagine the future of food packaging! The European Commission published its proposal for a Packaging and Packaging Waste Regulation (PPWR) in November. The ongoing policy discussions are on the measures to reach the ambitions of the Green Deal and for all packaging to be reusable or recyclable by 2030.
We must better link the EU circular economy agenda with food security and safety-related challenges. The packaging industry can support the EU's sustainability ambitions for recyclable packaging by encouraging innovations and circular actions along the whole value chain.
How can the revised PPWD secure investments in sustainable food packaging solutions? And what role can consumers play when it comes to the implementation of the PPWD in practice?
These are some points to discuss on 6 September 2023 from 10:00 in the #EUCircularTalks Food packaging: waste or resource.
Registration is now open.
Moderator: Ladeja Godina Košir, ECESP Co-chair
- Opening speech
- Florian Marin, EESC member
- Keynote speech
- Wolfgang Trunk, European Commission
- Stephan Karl, Managing Director Mid Europe - Tetra Pak
- Annick Carpentier, Director General, Alliance for Beverage Cartons and the Environment
- Jean-Pierre Schweitzer, Manager Circular Economy European Environmental Bureau
- Giovanni Pelis, Head of Purchasing Paper for Recycling, Lucart S.p.A