Regulation (EC) No 45/2001 applies to the processing of personal data collected for European Circular Economy Platform website.
1. Name of the processing operation and short description
European Circular Economy Stakeholder Platform website:
Third party individuals and organisations will upload their contact information either to contact the ECESP secretariat, subscribe to the ECESP newsletter, submit content to the platform or make use of its interactive features.
For contact requests and newsletter subscriptions, the EESC will store this information in its application for managing contact information (Dynamics).
Personal data collected in the process of submitting content or using the forum is stored in the website's application for managing contact information (Drupal). The ECESP Secretariat and will, after collecting the consent of the data subjects, publish (part of) this contact information on the public website dedicated to the European Circular Economy Stakeholder Platform.
For a detailed specification of the data processed according to purpose, see point 5.
2. Who is responsible for the processing of personal data (data controller)?
NAT Section secretariat, Directorate C
European Economic and Social Committee
Belliardstraat 99, 1040 Brussels
3. What is the purpose of the processing?
As the purpose of this platform is to facilitate contacts and information sharing between stakeholders in the Circular Economy field, the processing of contact information is a key feature of this online platform.
4. What is the legal basis for the processing?
The data are processed on the basis of:
- Article 5a) of the Regulation 45/2001: processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest on the basis of the Treaties establishing the European Communities
- Article 5d) of the Regulation 45/2001: the data subject has unambiguously given his or her consent
5. What personal data is collected?
When users make use of the ECESP contact form or submit content directly to the platform, the EESC will process the following data:
- nature of the organisation or company
- organisation or company name
- organisation or company physical address
- organisation or company e-mail address
- organisation or company website address
- (optional) contact person name + surname, telephone number, e-mail address, physical address
- link to organisation or company online contact form
- organisation of company main field of activity
In case of a partnership, the EESC will also process the following data:
- potential partner's nature of the organisation or company
- potential partner's organisation or company name
- potential partner's organisation or company physical address
- potential partner's organisation or company e-mail address
- potential partner's organisation or company website address
- potential partner's (optional) contact person name + surname, telephone number, e-mail address, physical address
- potential partner's link to organisation or company online contact form
- potential partner's organisation of company main field of activity
Where users subscribe to the ECESP newletter, the EESC will collect the following data:
- Individual's or organisation name
- Individual's or company e-mail address
Where users opt to register for the interactive section of the platform, the EESC will also process the following data separately:
- user's name + surname, email address
- (optional) user's area of expertise, country, organisation + type, sector and social media accounts.
6. Who has access to your personal data?
- Staff of the European Economic and Social Committee.
- The European Commission:
- DG Environment, B1 Sustainable Production, Products and Consumption
- DG Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs. C1 Clean Technologies and Products
When users register for the interactive section, they can opt to disclose personal data submitted during registration. While optional personal data can be made visible to all other registered users, platform moderators and administrators also have access to all mandatory personal data submitted during registration. Moderators can use the private message or email information from users solely for moderation purposes. Moderators or Administrators have strictly no access to personal messages sent and received by users.
7. How can I access, rectify, block or erase my data?
Anonymous users can access, rectify, block or erase their data by a written request per e-mail to the data controller.
Newsletter subscribers can unsubscribe from within the newsletters they receive or by making use of the subscription management page.
Registered users can temporarily or permanently deactivate their accounts per private message to a moderator or administrator of the interactive section.
Requests will be processed within 15 days upon receipt.
8. How long are my data kept for?
The anonymised data collected in the framework of the Circular Economy Stakeholder Platform will be kept for 365 days. Data subjects have the right to request the deletion of their data.
9. Who do I contact if I have queries or complaints?
If you have any further questions about the processing of your personal data, please contact the data controller. You may also contact, at any time, the EESC Data Protection Officer (email@example.com) and/or the European Data Protection Supervisor (firstname.lastname@example.org).
10. What session data is kept?
The following session cookies are stored for all website visitors:
If cookies are accepted, the following session cookies are also kept for performance monitoring purposes:
The following cookie is also kept as the ECESP website falls under the europa.eu domain: