Ecopack Bulgaria creates and manages systems - jointly with partner municipalities - for the separate collection of packaging waste. In 2019 such systems were set up in 88 municipalities.
Two of Ecopack's latest and more innovative projects are aimed at raising public awareness on the separate collection and recycling of packaging waste:
- The Recycling School project is an online manual with eco-lessons developed for 1-12 grade pupils, which every school in the country is able to access by simple registration in a micro site. The manual provides lessons which can be easily incorporated in the school's curriculum.
- The Educational Centre is located next to Ecopack's latest state-of-the-art sorting lines and is 300 m2 of fun and interesting facts on recycling the various packaging materials. After some presentations at the Centre, ECOPACK offers a tour around the sorting line, where visitors can walk above all sorting processes and observe them through the transparent floor.
Main activity field:
- Both Ecopark projects started at the end of 2018 and are developing according to plan.
- Every month at least 2 groups (~30 persons) visit the Educational Center.
- More than 250 schools in Bulgaria have already registered in the Recycling School platform and are disseminating its lessons to their pupils.