ISATIÓ crafts into beauty what would otherwise go to waste. The Brussels SME, established by a designer from Barcelona, collects unused textile cloth that would otherwise go to waste and uses this material to create unique designer clothing.
The company has already been recognised for its circular business model by local authorities: in addition to being the winner of Brussels Village Finance in 2016 and the 2017 Brussels Circular Economy call for projects, ISATIÓ was one of the designers welcomed to set up a pop-up store at the KANAL- George Pompidou Foundation.
To see a brief introduction to this fully circular clothing designer, view the video below:
Main activity field:
ISATIÓ's main achievement is the low carbon footprint of its products:
- The distance between the waste suppliers and its Atelier is less than 20 km.
- The company transforms waste into high value product, thus contributing to waste prevention.
- All manufacturing takes place in Brussels, with some production being done by social integration workshops.
- All deliveries between the Atelier and manufacturing workshop are done by bike.
For one specific order of 300 jackets ISATIÓ had the following impact:
- More than 360 km were travelled between the Atelier and workshops by bike.
- 128 kg of textile raw material were prevented from going to waste.