PackAlliance is a Knowledge Alliance that brings together academic and industry partners from 4 EU countries (ES, PL, FI and IT) committed to foster Academia-Industry collaboration for the development of new skills and competence building for innovation towards the transition of the plastics packaging industry to a circular economy model.
PackAlliance aims to:
- equip higher education students and industry professionals with updated skills required for circular economy transformation of the plastic packaging sector
- modernise and align Higher Education Institutions (HEI) curricula with the plastic packaging industry needs
- establish long-lasting collaboration schemes between HEI and industry on knowledge, talent transfer and entrepreneurship in sustainable plastics packaging.
The PackAlliance consortium is supported by a strong network of 15 associated partners, representing EU industrial associations, business clusters, large companies and SMEs, regional governments, and higher education accreditation bodies. It also brings together 3 members of the Coordination Group of the European Circular Economy Stakeholder Platform.
Main activity field:
- Comparative analysis of Higher Education training offer versus skills demand of the plastics packaging sector for a transition to a circular economy
- Design of an industry-driven training programme on up-to-date skills on circular economy processes
- Creation of “PackAlliance Hubs” as spaces connecting Academia & Business for stimulation of skills up-take, innovation and entrepreneurship
- Integration of learner-centred and real problem-based pedagogic approach into the training programme through the academia-industry PackAlliance Hubs
- Creation of an European Network of PackAlliance Hubs working on common challenges and promoting transnational mobility for knowledge exchange and co-creation
- Policy recommendations and transnational openness of training resources