The Circularity Dataset is an initiative by Luxembourg’s Ministry of the Economy and some international industry leaders. It has developed the “Product Circularity Data Sheet” (PCDS): a data template for standardising data about the circular aspects of products. The template goes hand in hand with a data exchange protocol.
The platform’s goals include:
- raising awareness and providing reliable data about the circular life of a product
- creating a standard data source for anyone to assess how circular a product is, and
- setting up an audit system based on the data produced.
Main activity field:
For each product, the database includes an internationally accepted dataset describing its circular aspects so buyers can make informed choices. Results include:
- Involving various private stakeholders in the project
- Launching a “Product Circularity Data Sheet”
- Setting up an international standard and related auditing system
- Project to bolster the independence and transparency of the supply chain.