Nutripeople, a Murcian start-up producing superfoods for the developing world, actively engages Spain's agri-food industry to sell its vegetable surplus as a resource to produce superfood pouches, which are then distributed in areas afflicted by famine.
You are here
Innovation et investissements
Waste and pollution from the production of textiles and clothing have become critical global issues. This report launched by Ecopreneur.eu and the European Sustainable Business Federation calls for decisive policy measures based on 5 pillars:
- Innovation policies: funding research programmes, investment tax deduction, support for technological development and SMEs.
- Economic incentives: procurement, extended producer responsibility, VAT, tax shift.
- Regulation: common regulatory framework for transparency and traceability, circular design, improved end-of-waste status.
- Trade policies: facilitating export of reusable textile waste and avoiding negative social impacts in producing countries.
- Voluntary actions: covenants, commitments and standards to engage stakeholders.
WREP (Waste REcycling Project) 2018 was a pilot project by the Italian PVC forum designed to improve the collection and recycling of polyvynil chloride in Venice. This pilot forms part of a wider, 3-year project to increase recycling of post-use PVC, and focused on the demolition and recycling sectors in particular.
Futur-E: 23 Italian thermoelectric power plants will get a new life, in consultation with local stakeholders and communities
Enel is a prominent energy actor in Italy. As a result of its investment in renewable energy, 23 obsolete thermoelectric power plants and one mining area are to be decommissioned.
The Futur-E project aims to reconvert these outdated plants into local facilities satisfying criteria of innovation, social, environmental and economic sustainability.
The EU-funded SwitchMed Programme supports and connects stakeholders to scale-up social and eco-innovations in the Mediterranean. It promotes inclusive growth, job creation and sustainable development by supporting policy makers, eco-innovative small and medium sized enterprises, industries, start-ups and entrepreneurs in the Southern Mediterranean countries.
Recycling plastic parts from scrapped end-of-life vehicles (ELV) in the Basque Country to obtain high-added-value granules.