Urban Transformations to a Circular Economy
The City of Freiburg, the City of Basel and ICLEI Europe are pleased to invite you to the Local Renewables Conference 2018. The conference will take place on 24-26 October 2018, mainly in Freiburg (Germany) with a study tour to Basel (Switzerland). Rising global energy needs remain a major challenge, with cities and regions being central players in making energy more secure, clean and sustainable. To transform from a linear to a circular economy there is a growing need to take advantage of renewable resources, including energy. The conference will address the following key issues:
- How can we ensure that global energy goals, including the 2015 Paris Agreement and the UN Sustainable Development Goals will be reached?
- What is the potential of the circularity of local renewables?
- What transformation is needed in cities for shifting to a circular economy? And how will circular economy shape transformation?
- How can we manage the transformation from a linear to a circular economy?
- What investments are needed and what are the financing options?
- How can relevant stakeholders, such as citizens, public authorities and the private sector be engaged in the urban transformation?
Join leading and learning cities, policy-makers from European and national governments, businesses, research and finance institutions for the 9th edition of the Local Renewables Series. It will build on the success of previous conferences and will showcase practical and innovative examples of how to reduce energy and resource use, and make ideal use of energy sources and other resources in the region.