SmaCE 2019 - 1st International Workshop on Smart Circular Economy
Smart Circular Economy is an international workshop focusing on the role of ICT as an enabler for the Circular Economy.
This workshop will bring together scientists and researchers as well as relevant stakeholders from industry and local communities to share and exchange their experiences, discuss challenges, and report state-of-the-art and in-progress research at the intersection of ICT and the Circular Economy. Accepted and presented papers will appear at IEEE Xplore and will be listed by all major indexes.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Architectures for collecting and curating data generated by distributed, heterogeneous smart assets.
- Technology enablers for Circular Economy
- Internet of Things, 5G, Software Defined Networks, Big Data, Analytics, Machine Learning, Neural Networks and other.
- Smart Infrastructure
- Smart Grid, Utility Networks (water, gas, waste, etc.), Transport Networks and other.
- Crowdsensing, Internet of Things and Participatory Sensing, Crowdsourced Systems and Architectures
- Blockchain and other Distributed Ledger Technologies for Smart Circular Economy - asset tracking, smart contracts, micro-transactions, etc.
- In-depth case studies illustrating Circular Economy performance and efficiency in terms of people, the planet and profit.
- Applications of Smart Circular Economy technologies in verticals such as healthcare, transportation, energy, citizen safety, and other.
- Interdependency between Digital and Physical Networks; e.g. communication and utility networks.
- Data-driven business models, Open Innovation, Co-creation and shared value creation
- RFID, NFC and other technologies for asset management
- Low-Power Networks
- LoRa, SigFox, NB-IoT, IPv6-enabled IoT, Industrial IoT
- Smart services and service provisioning
- Requirements engineering for Circular Economy
- Security, Privacy and Trust for Smart Circular Economy Submission & Proceedings
Call for papers: submissions can be entered until 3d of March.