PET Sheet Europe
Summary of the pledge
PET Sheet Europe has committed to increase by 2025 the average recycled content of its products to 70 %, provided the following conditions will be met:
To truly develop a more circular plastics result, the support and collaboration of the EU authorities become necessary. PSE calls upon the European Commission to prioritise these mentioned EU regulatory measures to help us and other industry organisations to reach more recycling.
- A full implementation of all EU waste directives in the European Union;
- Separate collection and recycling of PET trays followed by specific targets;
- PET trays to be from Part A on consumption reduction (Article 4 of the Proposal) and Part E on extended producer responsibility (Art. 8) to Part F on separate collection (Art. 9) in the recent proposed Directive on the reduction of single use plastics 3;
- Full implementation of the Food Contact Regulation 282/2008;
- Development of European standards and incentives that ensure best practice and industrial uniformity, allowing market acceptance. PSE is not able to achieve these ambitious targets on its own.
Plastic waste processed or recycled by 2025
Recycled plastics used in own products and components by 2025
To reach an average recycled content in new PET trays of 70%.
Plastic Pledge Statement PET Sheet Europe