AIMPLAS: Online workshop on innovative uses of CO2 for industry
On 18 May, AIMPLAS, the Plastics Technology Centre, will be holding an online workshop on innovative uses of CO2 for industry. This online workshop will discuss the use of CO2 in industry as a response to the challenge of a low-carbon economy.
In line with the challenges of providing solutions that reverse climate change and of achieving a low-carbon economy, this workshop will present the use of CO2 as a promising tool to mitigate climate change and reduce dependence on fossil fuels. The event is geared to companies committed to transforming CO2 using innovative technologies. It will highlight the potential of chemistry to tackle the industrial challenges arising from the transition to a decarbonised economy, with a focus on CO2 recovery.
This online workshop will bring together experts in the field of renewable energy and the development of new chemical products, fuel and polymers and will explore new research challenges for CO2 use.
- Amador García, Technologies Manager at AIMPLAS, will open the event.
- Adolfo Benedito, Decarbonisation researcher at AIMPLAS, will address the conversion of CO2 to methanol using alternative reactor technologies such as microwave, plasma and magnetic induction.
- Thomas Schaub, from BASF, will talk about the use of CO2 as a building block for exo-vinylenecarbonates for the isocyanate-free synthesis of polyurethanes.
- Juan Ramón Morante, from IREC, will discuss catalysts and systems for renewable products in CO2 electrochemical transformations.
- Jeff Uhrig, from NOVOMER, will present oxygen-dense polymers for the efficient use of CO2.
- Vesna Middelkoop, from VITO, will discuss CO2 utilisation via 3D printed reactor technologies.
- Babette Pettersen, from LANZATECH, will set out her vision of value creation from carbon capture.
- Heikki Koponen, from QPower, will talk about the use of CO2 as a resource for synthetic fuel production.
Click here for more information and registration.