The European Green Deal sets out three main goals to be achieved by 2050, and taxation can play an active role in helping Europe reach those goals. The Green Deal also acknowledges the crucial role played by taxation in the transition towards greener and more sustainable growth.
Along with promoting sustainable growth, real "circular" taxation can support social equality, maintain tax revenue levels for the EU Member States while balancing out more distortive taxes, and reboot the EU's economy as we recover from the COVID-19 pandemic.
Euric, Innowo, the Leadership Group on Economic Incentives and the ECESP invite you to this #EUCircularTalks event to take place from 2 to 4 p.m. CEST on 3 September 2021. The event aims to foster discussion on the importance of aligning taxation with the strategic goals enshrined in the Green Deal and the new Circular Economy Action Plan. High-level policy makers will talk with experts from industry and non-governmental organisations about the key factors involved when developing a fair taxation system.
- Krister ANDERSSON, Member of the European Economic and Social Committee (EESC)
- Hubert BUKOWSKI, Coordinator for Green Taxation of the Leadership Group on Economic Incentives, Innowo
- Femke GROOTHUIS, Founder and President of the Ex’tax Project
Pricing externalities: Aligning taxation with the European Green Deal objectives?
- Astrid LADEFOGED, Head of Unit for Sustainable Development Goals, Green Finance & Economic Analysis - European Commission
- Fabio EBOLI, Member of the Leadership Group on Economic Incentives - Italian Agency for New Technologies, Energy and Sustainable Economic Development (ENEA)
- Blaine CAMILLERI, Policy Officer for Fiscal Reform and Circular Economy - European Environmental Bureau (EEB)
- Neil McMILLAN, Senior Counsellor, Political Affairs & Strategy, Director, Advocacy & Trade - EUROCOMMERCE
- Paul TANG, MEP, Chair of the Taxation Committee, European Parliament (video recording)
- Emmanuel KATRAKIS, Member of the European Circular Economy Stakeholder Platform, Secretary-General of EuRIC