Applications closing July 31 for the WRI Ross prize for cities
Who can apply?
Businesses, NGOs, community groups, local governments and collaborations of all kinds are eligible. Project teams are encouraged to apply if they have:
- Altered your city’s economic vitality, resilience, environmental sustainability or quality of life?
- Started a movement or coalition that has changed the form and function of your neighborhood and beyond?
- Pioneered an idea or project that has been replicated and leveraged overtime to create positive environmental, social or economic ripple effects?
What are the benefits?
The WRI Ross Prize is an opportunity to garner support and attention for an urban project with the power to drive transformative change.
- $250,000 cash prize for one winner
- Travel to New York City for an awards ceremony honoring five finalists
- Promotional and media outreach, including profiles of five finalists
- Exposure to a world-class jury and advisory council
What is transformative change?
Transformative projects change the form and function of urban economies, environment and communities. They open our eyes to new possibilities by overcoming bottlenecks, leveraging investments, or offering new and scalable approaches to solving well-known problems. They impress hope and excitement. And their impact extends beyond the initial site or intervention, catalyzing positive change throughout a neighborhood or city.
Follow #WRIRossPrize and learn more at wrirossprize.org