Moving towards a circular economy and climate neutrality is a must. However, delivering on these objectives requires more than ambitious targets: it takes effective measures to transition towards greener, more resilient industry. Recycling plays a key role by closing the loop and thus saving both valuable resources and a substantial amount of greenhouse gas emissions.
Join Recyclers Talks #1 on 22 March (4 p.m. CET) to discuss what needs to be done to deliver on Europe’s Green Agenda.
- Cinzia VEZZOSI, President of EuRIC – Opening words
- Jan HUITEMA, Member of the European Parliament, rapporteur for the own-initiative report on the new Circular Economy Action Plan
- Maria SPYRAKI, Member of the European Parliament
- Mattia PELLEGRINI, Head of Unit, DG Environment, Waste Management and Secondary Materials, European Commission
Panel discussion & formal remarks from Members of the European Parliament, with Q&As with the audience
- Stephane ARDITI, Director of Policy Integration and Circular Economy, EEB
- Olivier FRANCOIS, Director for Development of the Galloo Group, Vice President of EuRIC
- Hans van de NES, President of EuRIC Paper Recycling Branch
- Anna-Michelle ASIMAKOPOULOU, Member of the European Parliament
- Catherine CHABAUD, Member of the European Parliament
- Emmanuel KATRAKIS, Secretary General of EuRIC
- Kira TAYLOR, Journalist @ EURACTIV