At its second meeting on 16 March 2021 the ECESP Coordination Group 2020-2023 discussed how to take the ECESP to the next level.
In der opening statement the European Commission DG ENV Director General Florika Fink-Hooijer accentuated the importance of circular economy for all economy and industry branches.
The next annual circular economy stakeholder conference will be held during the first quarter of 2022 only. The Leadership Group activities and the EU Circular Talks are leading towards it. 24 sessions of EU Circular Talks are foreseen for the eight thematic Leadership Groups:
- Retailers, Consumer, Skills
- Cities & Regions
- Circular Procurement
- Food waste, Food systems & Bioeconomy
- Construction & Infrastructure
- Network Governance & CE Hubs
- Economic Incentives.
The synergies with upcoming European Commission initiatives were presented by different General Directorate representatives:
- The Climate Pact (DG CLIMA)
- Global Alliance for Circular Economy and Resource Efficiency (DG ENV) and
- Circular Cities & Regions Initiative (CCRI) (DG RTD).
International outreach is also an opportunity when promoting circular economy globally. The ECESP is thus considering participation in the Dubai Expo 2022.