FEAD's online event (a registered EU Green Week 2021 Partner Event) on Waste management: combining the circular economy with the zero-pollution ambition will take place on Tuesday 1 June from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. CEST.
This FEAD webinar will focus on how waste management helps mitigate pollution and on the problems facing this sector. The event will seek to show:
- how the waste management sector is coming up with sustainable solutions to help achieve the goal of zero pollution
- how appropriate regulatory tools can support the transition to more sustainable value chains and end-of-life treatment
- how we can combine the circular economy (more recycling) with fighting pollution (stopping pollutants being poured into the environment).
We need consistency between recycling targets and the rules on thresholds for chemical substances, as well as specific rules on waste (with regard to CLP and REACH). One key point is that the rules governing chemical substances in recyclates should not be more stringent than the rules on products. Any discussion about phasing out substances of very high concern (SVHCs) in manufacturing processes will necessarily involve eco-design rules, while delivering on a zero-pollution ambition requires better selective collection of waste, investment in de-pollution equipment and the promotion of closed-loop systems.
Confirmed panelists & speakers:
- Mr Peter KURTH, President of FEAD
- Mr Luis CARRETERO SÁNCHEZ, Legal officer – REACH registration, international files, and circular economy, European Commission DG Environment, Sustainable Chemicals Unit
- Mr Lorenzo MAROTTI, Scientific Support Exposure and Supply Chain Unit, European Chemicals Agency (Helsinki)
- Mr Axel SINGHOFEN, Advisor on health and environmental policy issues, Greens/EFA, European Parliament
- Ms Claudia MENSI, Laboratories’ Responsible, A2A Ambiente S.p.A. (Italy)
- Mr Sebastian SCHORMANN, Head of Sales ear / b2c, REMONDIS Electrorecycling GmbH (Germany)
- Ms Valérie PLAINEMAISON, Secretary-General of FEAD
- Moderation: Ms Claire DOOLE
See the link for registration.