Versalis’ Voluntary Commitment to 2025
- 50% of polyethylene industrial packaging used in Versalis’ sites, made of up to 50% of recycled material and further recyclable and/or reusable.
- Produce up to 100,000 tons of Polyolefin (PO) based compounds containing up to 70% of post-consumer POs, for applications that today mainly use virgin polyethylene.
- Produce and commercialize up to 20,000 tons of styrene polymers containing up to 50% of recycled product, for the packaging and insulation sectors.
- Develop chemical recycling technology that aims at strengthening and increasing the recovery and recycling of post-consumer plastics in Southern Europe.
- Carry out, on each new initiative/major project in the field of sustainability and/or circular economy, specific certified LCA studies to demonstrate their actual sustainability
- Develop internal initiatives aimed at involving all personnel to encourage the recovery and recycling of plastic material used on a daily basis.