A new call for proposals on "Social innovations for a fair green and digital transition"
The European Commission has published a call for proposals on Social innovations for a fair green and digital transition, under the Employment and Social Innovation (EaSI) strand of the European Social Fund+.
Earmarking a total budget of 10 million euros, the European Commission aims to support the implementation of the European Pillar of Social Rights by funding 15 to 20 projects that develop and test integrated and inclusive social innovation approaches to promote a fair green and digital transition.
The activities to be funded are as diverse as capacity building, awareness and communication, developing and testing innovative approaches to counter energy and transport poverty, to strengthen the employability of vulnerable groups in the green and digital economies, to promote new sustainable forms of business and consumption, including in the circular and social economy, and many others.
More specifically, the call aims to develop and test integrated and inclusive social innovation approaches – in schools or training centres, at work or in local communities, or other relevant environments - to foster just green and digital transitions by:
- identifying and addressing (re-/up-)skilling and (re-)training needs stemming from new, green or digital products, services or technologies
- fostering social acceptance and/or behavioural changes for more sustainable business models, consumption patterns and/or modes of transport
- developing sustainability pathways and transformation tools for social economy actors
- tailoring solutions to the particular contexts starting from general models, such as the City Doughnut or macro level climate adaptation solutions, to other, business or local environments
- promoting the implementation of the EPSR principle 20 on essential services, including energy, mobility and digital communications, in the context of the green and digital transitions.
The call will enable and step up a fair green and digital transition by promoting and disseminating inclusive social innovation approaches in the areas above.
You can find out more about this call EASI-2022-SOC-INNOV on the Funding and Tender Portal. Any questions on the call can be addressed to EMPL-EaSI-2022-SOC-INNOV@ec.europa.eu.
Submission deadline is 2 August 2022.