The Re-think Circular Economy Forum 2023 is back in Taranto
Re-think Circular Economy Forum - Taranto 2023 is designed to present a vision on macro-trends, possible evolutionary paths, and main projects concerning the circular economy at a local, national and international level.
Its main purpose is to stimulate the birth and development of innovative and entrepreneurial activities that could have a positive impact on the local and national economic system.
This in-person event on 17-18 October 2023 at the Ionic Department of the University of Bari in Taranto (Italy) will be followed on 19 October by the Circular Bootcamp, an open-door discussion between companies and startups.
Corporates, startups, research bodies, and institutional actors who are carrying out and supporting CE projects at a local, national and international level will participate in the three day's event, which will focus on 3 main macro-topics:
- Energy transition & sustainable mobility
- Circular ports and blue economy: emerging technologies and trends in the specific context of ports and seaside areas
- Waste and water valorization
Additional initiatives will be organized in parallel with the main event in order to engage academia and enhance entrepreneurship:
- Showcase: area booths where startups, corporations, research centers and other entities show products and projects to promote best practice exchange, industrial symbiosis and business matching
- Hackathon: students from local universities compete with each other by presenting possible circular projects, starting from thematic areas and challenges defined by Re-think partner companies
- Round Tables: CE experts, policy-makers, and actors of the circularity ecosystem in Taranto discuss and adopt a design-thinking approach to address topical issues in the circular transition and propose ideas and projects
- Taranto Circolare: a project by Tondo to create a digital platform promoting the CE in Taranto will be presented, together with the relevant study and its results, and the most innovative and circular project for the territory will be awarded.
The event has received the patronage of: Representation of the European Commission in Italy, Puglia Region, Taranto Municipality, ARTI Puglia (Regional agency for Technology and Innovation), Taranto Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Jonian Dolphin Association, IRSA-CNR, University of Bari, University of Foggia and LUM University.
Registration is now open!