The Circular Consumption Charter is the result of a partnership between Eni (Italian energy company) and 18 Italian consumer associations. It was officially presented on Thursday, 17 June 2021, with the participation of Eni's CEO Claudio Descalzi.
The launch event hosted a round table that involved consumer associations and representatives of public institutions, the scientific world and the certification sector.
- Claudio Descalzi, CEO of Eni
- Mara Colla, President of Confconsumatori
- Cillian Lohan, EESC Vice-President responsible for Communication
- Gilberto Pichetto Fratin, Italian Deputy Minister of Economic Development
- Vannia Gava, Undersecretary, Italian Ministry for Ecological Transition.
The main issues addressed by the speakers were the importance of subsidiarity in the circular economy, the relationship between lifestyles and environmental, social and economic sustainability, and the link between the territory and good practices. Cillian Lohan inderlined the importance of the consumer associations' contribution to the Charter as a clear commitment to continue on this path towards circularity and praised the document - also available in English - for being clear, concise and easy to be transferred to a wider audience.
The round table was moderated by Professor Marco Frey, Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna.
See below a video (in Italian) on the Charter (including Cillian Lohan's contribution).