Raise ambitions through circular economy: A roadmap towards CE-smart NDCs
With emissions rising and dwindling time to reach the 1.5-degree target, it is paramount to increase the ambition of Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs) and accelerate their implementation. The circular economy (CE) offers vast potential for GHG emission reduction on a global scale.
On 9 November, from 11:30, The NDC Partnership and the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) will host a COP26 side event on integrating circular action into climate strategies and present findings of a new study published by GIZ on behalf of BMZ.
The study outlines a roadmap for NDC coordinators and decision-makers to clarify the envisioned CE transition measures and design CE-smart NDCs.
Raise ambitions through the circular economy: A roadmap towards CE-smart NDCs, a hybrid event, live-streamed and in-person in the NDC Partnership pavilion in Glasgow, aims to provide policymakers and NDC coordinators with a practical guide to raise their ambitions.
- Dr. Jürgen Karl Zattler, Director General, German Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ)
- Ingrid-Gabriela Hoven, Member of Management Board, Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
- Juan Nicolás Galarza Sánchez, Vice Minister of Environment and Land Planning at the Ministry of Environment and Sustainable Development of Colombia
- Nguyen Thanh Cong, Official, Division of Economics and Information of Climate Change, Department of Climate Change at MONRE (Ministry of Environment) Vietnam
- Miranda Schnitger, Government Lead, Ellen MacArthur Foundation
Moderator: Stientje van Veldhoven, Vice President and Regional Director for Europe, World Resources Institute (WRI)