Re-think - Circular Economy Forum | Taranto 2022
The main purpose of this Re-think event is to stimulate the inception and development of innovative and entrepreneurial activities that could have a positive impact on our local and national economic system. The event will take place on 3-5 October 2022 at the Taranto Campus of the University of Bari. You can attend the event in person or follow it online.
The event will be in Italian, with some speeches in English. Over the three days, businesses, start-ups, research bodies and institutional actors carrying out and supporting circular economy projects at different levels will take the floor. The event will focus on six macro-topics:
- Renewable Energies (Monday 3 October): focus on emerging energy technologies that use new clean energy sources, such as the possibilities provided by electrification or other forms of renewable energy
- Sustainable Mobility (Tuesday 4 October): a deeper look at emerging trends applied to different forms of transport for more efficient use of resources, with a focus on biofuels, hydrogen and biomethane
- Agri-Food (Tuesday 4 October): focus on technologies that enhance and optimise production processes from a circular perspective, with a focus on waste recovery and reduction, forms of food preservation and distribution, and new sustainable agricultural practices
- Blue Economy (Wednesday 5 October): a deeper look at technologies that enhance coastal and maritime resources and production activities from a circular perspective, with a focus on sustainable fishing, port activities, aquaculture and mussel farming
- Water (Wednesday 5 October): focus on trends promoting wastewater valorisation and savings, recovery and reuse of water resources for irrigation, civil and industrial use
- Waste optimisation (Wednesday 5 October): focus on trends enabling environmental and ecosystem recovery, waste management from plastics and tyres, and the production of bioplastics from organic waste.
Additional initiatives will be organised in parallel with the main event with a view to engaging academia and enhancing entrepreneurship at the event:
- Showcase: within the event area, booths will be set up for start-ups, corporations, research centres and other entities, where it will be possible to showcase products and projects in order to promote the exchange of good practices, industrial symbiosis and matchmatching
- Hackathon: starting from thematic areas and challenges defined by Re-think's partner companies, a hackathon will be organised where students from local universities will compete, presenting possible circular projects.
The main partner for the event is Eni; the other confirmed partners are Regione Puglia, Municipality of Taranto, UniCredit, Confapi Industria Taranto, Consulate General of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Milan, Eurota ETS as co-organiser, Adnkronos as media partner, Cantine San Marzano as technical partner and Smallfish as graphic partner.