1A - Biodiversity, climate & social enterprise
Lead organisation: Rediscovery Center, IR
This session explored the role that social enterprises and communities play in supporting biodiversity through circular economy actions.
Discussions focused on the opportunities and practical experiences from social enterprise case studies to illustrate value and impact of Social economy.
- Opening: Sarah Miller, Rediscovery Centre
- 11:00 - 11:10 Keynote address: Cillian Lohan, Vice-president, EESC – the role of social enterprise in addressing climate change, interconnectivity between climate and social sector.
- 11:10 - 11:40 Presentations and discussion of social enterprise business models or support and their impact on addressing biodiversity loss and climate change.
- Ville Heinilä, Helsinki Metropolitan Area Reuse
- Case studies:
- Edoardo Bodo, RREUSE
- Mick Kelly (Grow it Yourself): Social enterprise innovation through food resilience
- Claire Downey, Rediscovery Centre: Scaling the impact of social enterprises in the CE
- 10:40 - 12:00 - Q&A - Claire Downey, Rediscovery Centre: Scaling the impact of social enterprises in the circular economy and biodiversity
- Closing remarks: Sarah Miller