This 16 June webinar, organised by Circle Economy, with a speakers from another CG member organisation, IndustriAll, discussed The circular economy’s potential for fostering decent jobs, exploring the interlinkages between the transition to a more circular economy and quality jobs, and drawing on Circle Economy’s recent report on Jobs & Skills in the Circular Economy: State of Play and Future Pathways.
The circular economy has an important role to play in the post-COVID-19 recovery in rebuilding a system that can withstand shocks and deliver a future-proof labour market. However, the extent to which its full potential is to be deployed in European labour markets remains to be seen.
- William Neale, Adviser on Circular Economy, DG Environment, European Commission
- Benjamin Denis, Policy Adviser for Industrial Policy, IndustriAll
- Ryan Gellert, General Manager - EMEA, Patagonia
- Joke Dufourmont, Project Manager
- Circle Chair: Claire Dhéret, Head of Social Europe & Well-being programme, European Policy Centre.