Terra di tutti (meaning "Everybody's earth") is a social enterprise in the province of Lucca (Tuscany Region) giving a second life to scraps and promoting handicrafts as an opportunity for different cultures to meet.
This project is aimed at creating employment opportunities for refugees and disadvantaged people, based on circular economy principles, by transforming waste material into quality handmade products, and at the same time to enhance different skills and artisan talents. Terra di tutti has a workshop in Segromigno in Monte (LU), which is divided into three sections: tailoring, printing/serigraphy and carpentry.
Main activity field:
- effective job inclusion of refugees, who are at the centre of the project
- production of clothing accessories and other objects created entirely from second hand materials
- promotion of and awareness raising on circular economy principles
- experiments on social and intercultural handicrafts.
To quantify the project results, the following indicators are used:
- number of paid internships activated for the inclusion of disadvantaged categories who will support Terra di tutti's production and daily work
- annual revenue and financial-economic sustainability
- quantity of materials (textiles, plastics, wood, paper) recovered and regenerated into new handmade products every year
- number of dissemination events on the project values.