Making Things Last: a circular economy strategy for Scotland
This strategy sets out Scotlpriorities for moving towards a more circular economy - where products and materials are kept in high value use for as long as possible.
It builds on Scotland's progress in the zero waste and resource efficiency agendas. A more circular economy will benefit:
- the environment - cutting waste and carbon emissions and reducing reliance on scarce resources;
- the economy - improving productivity, opening up new markets and improving resilience; and
- communities - more, lower cost options to access the goods we need with opportunities for social enterprise.
In this strategy, four areas are prioritised:
- Food and drink, and the broader bio-economy
- Construction and the built environment, and
- Energy infrastructure.