Procter & Gamble has pledged to significantly increase recycled resin usage for PE and PET packaging in Europe by an additional 25 kilo-tonnes by latest 2025.
Separate to our pledge, P&G’s Ambition 2030 sustainability goals include several global goals for packaging including 100% recyclable or reusable packaging by 2030. P&G will also reduce global use of virgin petroleum plastic in our packaging by 50% by 2030. This will avoid the use of 300,000 tonnes of virgin plastic used every year.
Our Fabric Care, Home Care and Hair Care brands have already made significant commitments to increase the amount of recycled plastic (PCR) in laundry, shampoo and dishwashing bottles in Europe. As of April 2019;
- Ariel detergents have 25% PCR and Lenor fabric care 50% PCR
- Head & Shoulders, Pantene and Aussie shampoos have increased PCR levels to 25%
- Fairy dishwashing liquid is now using 25% PCR
- Mr. Proper and Viakal surface cleaners will increase PCR from 20% to up to 70% by 2020
- Recycled plastics used in own products and components by 2025P&G has pledged to significantly increase recycled resin usage for PE/PET packaging in Europe by an additional 25 kilo-tonnes by latest