Europe: a Knowledge & Science Bridge Towards a Global Circular Economy
The Portuguese Presidency of the Council of the European Union will be an important milestone for strengthening Europe's resilience and its citizens' confidence in the European social model. Ultimately, this will be achieved by promoting a Union based on the shared values of solidarity, convergence and cohesion, capable of taking a coordinated action to recover from the crisis.
The international conference Europe: a Knowledge and Science Bridge Towards a Global Circular Economy on 20-21 April 2021 intends to contribute to the increase of cooperation between Europe, Africa and Latin America, with regard to circular economy, and will count on the presence of 25 internationally renowned specialists.
The welcome and closing sessions of the conference will be in charge of the Minister of Science, Technology and Higher Education, Manuel Heitor, and of the Minister of Territorial Cohesion, Ana Abrunhosa, respectively.
Addressing the three major priorities and five action lines of the Portuguese Presidency, this conference features the following:
- Green Global Europe
- Knowledge and Science: the power of moving towards Circular Economy
- Green Funds and Financial Instruments
- Regional Symbiosis and International Knowledge Exchange
- Young Generation and
- Circular Economy contribution to a Sustainable Economic Recovery Post-Covid-19 and Emerging Markets.
- Circular Economy International Cooperation Agenda led by Europe and bilateral cooperations
- Territorial cohesion and regional symbiosis between European Countries and Africa & South America
- Increase the financial market and opportunities for small and flagship projects in Circular Economy and
- Promote knowledge and the responsibility of Young People in Circular Economy.