The future of plastics is now!
Join the House of the Dutch Provinces (HNP) on 9 February 2023 (16:00 – 17:30 CET) in Brussels for the Plastic Panel Discussion. Together with the panelists, the HNP will discuss the future of plastics and use the afternoon of 9 February to provide input on the latest EU proposals and the HNP Position Paper.
The programme will consist of the following:
16:00 – 16:10 | Opening & Key notes
- Opening by moderator
- Opening words by Dutch Regional Minister Northern Netherlands Tjisse Stelpstra – Regional Minister dedicated for Circular Economy at the House of the Dutch Provinces
16:10 – 16:45 | Panel 1: Regional perspectives on plastic proposals
- Towards a Circular Europe – Werner Bosmans, representative of the European Commission (DG ENV)
- The European Parliament and Circular Economy – Jan Huitema, Member of the European Parliament (VVD, Renew) – tbc
- The Netherlands and Circular Economy in Europe – Rob Cornelissen of The Netherlands Ministry of Infrastructure and Water management
- Regions and Circular Economy – Tjisse Stelpstra, Regional Minister Northern Netherlands, Province of Drenthe & Rapporteur on Circular Economy Action Plan at the Committee of the Regions
16:45 – 17:00 | Q&A, exchange of views with panelists
17:00 – 17:20 | Panel 2: Plastics in practice – chemical industry
- Jeannette Baljeu, Regional Minister Zuid-Holland & Rapporteur on Industry at the Committee of the Regions
- Monika Banka, Policy and Network Coordinator at the European Chemical Regions Network (ECRN)
- Daniela Sani, Sustainable Innovation Office of ART-ER (Regional Agency for technological development) Emilia Romagna Region
- Plastics Europe – tbc
17:25 – 17:30 | Conclusion by moderator
17:30 – 18:30 | Networking drinks
The registration will be open until 3 February 2023. Maximum capacity of 80 participants.