Plastic, construction and bio-waste - too valuable to waste?
Plastic, construction and bio-waste are three of the waste streams that cities are seeking to reduce or reuse due to their environmental impact and socio-economic value. In the "Solution" session of the 9th European Conference on Sustainable Cities & Towns (30 September - 02 October 2020), you will hear the experience of three cities.
What are cities doing to tackle plastic, construction and bio-waste? In this session, city representatives will present the work they are implementing to minimise waste, as well as to maintain the value and utility of products, materials and resources.
- What innovative technologies have been tried out?
- What has worked well and what has not?
- What are the plans for the future?
- How have citizens been involved in these actions?
- What are the economic and regulatory levers cities can use?
The main objective is that other cities and stakeholders can get inspired and adapt the inspirations and/or replicate them in their local context. Cities of all size are doing things to move from a linear to a circular economy, taking ownership and piloting solutions.
For registration, click here.