The LIFE RECYPACK project will implement a new public-private waste management project for commercial plastic packages in line with the circular economy criteria. After the project, 57,000 tons of plastic wastes are expected to be diverted from landfills and destined to high-quality recycled plastic manufacturing, with an economic benefit of 10.6 million every year.
Main activity field:
- Creation of a new value chain for recycled plastics
- Demonstration of 4 logistics models for separating and managing polyethylene and polystyrene
- 2 recycling demonstration facilities to produce recycled material from CPPW
- Production of 99.44 tonnes of recycled polyethylene and polystyrene for use in different applications
- Production of 79.55 tonnes of high-quality recycled polyethylene and recycled polystyrene (replacing the equivalent amount of virgin plastic)
- Prevention of 79.55 tonnes of plastic waste going to landfill (362 m3 less landfill space used)
- Reduction of emissions of 117 tonnes of CO2
- Creation of 0.7 full-time equivalent direct jobs and 1.0 full-time equivalent indirect jobs
- An economic benefit of €15 000.