2B - One Year EU Textiles Strategy – Zooming in on circular design & export
Lead organisation: Rreuse
The workshop started with a keynote address from Alice Kuhnke MEP, who is involved in the ongoing process at the European Parliament on the EU Textiles Strategy own-initiative procedure 2022/2171(INI) which looks at the Strategy's missing pieces and policy needs.
Then two key aspects of the textiles value chain were explored more closely: the beginning and the end. With a panel of experts, design and making textiles circular from the outset were considered. The very end of the textiles journey was also analysed and exports of used textiles were discussed.
- Moderator: Valeria Botta, ECOS
- Opening remarks: Jana Žůrková, RREUSE
- Welcome: Florian Marin, EESC member
- Keynote speech: Alice Kuhnke MEP, Greens/EFA
- Round table: Export of used textiles and circular design of textiles
- Gael de Rotalier, European Commission, DG Environment
- Lars Fogh Mortensen, EEA
- Julia Blees, EuRIC
- Mauro Scalia, Euratex
- Emily Macintosh, EEB
- Commission presentation - Sustainable and Circular Textiles
- EESC presentation - two cases studies from the ECESP website
- Output paper - EU Textiles Strategy in motion: what does it mean for the future of textiles?