Product Circularity Data Sheet: a solution to access circularity data
The Circularity Dataset is an initiative by Luxembourg’s Ministry of the Economy and some international industry leaders. It has developed the “Product Circularity Data Sheet” (PCDS): a data template for standardising data about the circular aspects of products. The template goes hand in hand with a data exchange protocol.
The platform’s goals include:
- raising awareness and providing reliable data about the circular life of a product
- creating a standard data source for anyone to assess how circular a product is, and
- setting up an audit system based on the data produced.
For each product, the database includes an internationally accepted dataset describing its circular aspects so buyers can make informed choices. Results include:
- Involving various private stakeholders in the project
- Launching a “Product Circularity Data Sheet”
- Setting up an international standard and related auditing system
- Project to bolster the independence and transparency of the supply chain.