Svenska Retursystem contributes to the circular economy through a reusable transit packaging system. The company is passionate about the environment and puts sustainability at the heart of their business, following the principles of circular economy and sustainable growth. Their reusable transit packaging system lowers CO2 emissions, reduces food waste, provides a cleaner work environment, optimizes transport and return logistics, reduces environmental impact by using pH friendly washing water, and subscribe to renewable energies.
Besides their vision, Svenska Retursystem follows three guiding principles that focus on saving time and money, improving the environment and securing deliveries to their customers. The transport is done in a four-step process:
- Svenska Retursystem delivers the reusable crates and pallets to the producer who fills and delivers them to the wholesaler.
- The wholesaler delivers the filled crates to the retail.
- The retailer empties the goods and delivers them to the wholesaler.
- Back at Svenska Retursystem, they control the product quality and wash them to be used again.
Main activity field:
Svenska Retursystem is an alternative to the single use transit packaging, such as wooden pallets or cardboard boxes, that often contribute to global waste. Their sturdy and stackable crates are functional and can be delivered in various sizes, together with the support of logistics operations. A majority of the food manufacturers in Sweden rely on their system, that is:
- reducing 78% of the CO2 emissions compared to disposable packaging. When the crates and pallets are worn out, they are recycled to make new ones.
- saving 160 hours of labour yearly compared to disposable packaging and ensuring that fresh goods last longer and remain undamaged
- reducing CO2 emissions by 31 900 tonnes using reusable creates instead of disposable packing (situation in 2019).