Circular Design Network: from data to action
- is widely seen as an enabler for future circular economy
- is needed to design sustainable solutions and value chains, from raw materials management to end users in a circular economy
- can be used to extend the lifetime of products, to replace tangible products with services, to create a resource-based business, and to boost the reuse of materials.
Circular Design Network Project will share insights to data-enabled circular battery, textile and agri-food value chains.
This event live at Korjaamo, Helsinki (FI), and online on 10 November 2022, from 12:00 to 15:30 (EET) will be an occasion to learn about the project results and to network with the key stakeholders on data for circularity.
Moderators: Inka Orko, Technical Research Centre of Finland and Kirsi Niinimäki, Aalto University
Session 1: Keynotes
- 11.45 (EET) Registration + coffee
- 12.15 (EET) Opening: Overview to Circular Design Network activities, Päivi Kivikytö-Reponen, Technical Research Centre of Finland
- 12.20 (EET) Keynote 1: ESG Traceability of value chains for the circular transition, Maria Teresa Pisani, Chief Trade Facilitation Section (OiC), United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE)
- 12.45 (EET) Keynote 2: Insights to the battery passport and its data model, Adrian von Mühlenen, PO digital product pass Catena-X, BASF Coatings GmbH
- 13.10 (EET) Refreshment break
Session 2: Circular Design Network project results & the way forward
- 13.20 (EET) Launch of the project’s guide to Circular Design, Päivi Kivikytö-Reponen, Roosa Muukkonen, Technical Research Centre of Finland
- 13.35 (EET) Circularity in textiles – Environmental benefits and challenges, Susanna Horn, Kiia Mölsä, Finnish Environment Institute
- 13.55 (EET) Strategic Opportunities in the Finnish Battery Value Chain, Sonja Lavikko, Tommi Kauppila, Geological Survey of Finland
- 14.15 (EET) Carbon cycles in the agri-food value chain, Hannu Ilvesniemi, Erika Winqvist, Natural Resources Institute Finland, & Raija Lantto, Technical Research Centre of Finland
- 14.35 (EET) Next steps: Policies for data use in circular economy, Petrus Kautto, Finnish Environment Institute
- 14.55 (EET) Closing words, Inka Orko, Technical Research Centre of Finland
- 15.00 (EET) Refreshments and networking
- 15.30 (EET) End of the event