There cannot be an effective transition towards a circular economy without European SMEs, which seem to experience more difficulties than larger scale corporates in adopting eco-innovation and/or circular economy strategies and practices.
In 2017 the European Commission started a pilot project financed by the European Parliament with the title “Boosting the Circular Economy among SMEs in Europe”. The project delivered capacity building for selected SME support organisations, green solution providers and regional authorities on circular economy, resource efficiency and eco-innovation.
On 6 and 7 December 2018 the European Commission will hold a two-day event to take stock of this pilot project with the objective to share with a wider audience the lessons learned and to discuss the future needs of SMEs in their progress towards the circular economy.
Day 1 will focus on Building circular business together, with sessions on:
- Creating circular business models
- Circular finance desk
- Calculating the profit of circularity
- Matchmaking: creating circular business
Day 2 will feature:
- Panel discussions, round tables and network sessions
- Speed dating between local and EU-wide communities
- Circular market place with i.e. circular solutions
- What can the EC do for you?
To register, express your interest here.