While portable consumer electronics are amazingly mobile and convenient tools, they have a large environmental impact during manufacturing and end of life. One of the durability challenges with these products is the lifetime of batteries and the difficulty of easily replacing them. Batteries will continue to be an important source of energy and one of the key enablers for sustainable development, green mobility, clean energy and climate neutrality.
This webinar will discuss regulatory and policy developments for batteries (including Europe’s Strategic Action Plan on Batteries) which seek to ensure a safe, circular and sustainable battery value chain for all batteries.
- Better battery policy: possibilities
- Recommendations from industry
- Repairing and rejuvenating your product
- Ensuring safety with standards and training
- Jean-Pierre Schweitzer - Policy officer for products and circular economy at the European Environmental Bureau
- Christian Eckert - Head of the Environmental Policy Department at ZVEI - Zentralverband Elektrotechnik- und Elektronikindustrie e. V.
- Kyle Wiens - CEO of Fixit
- Jason Tang - Manager at TUV Rheinland
- Rakesh Vazirani - Global Head of Sustainability (Products) at TUV Rheinland
The webinar will take place online on 3 March at 15:00 CET. Please register here.