"I want NextGenerationEU to kickstart a European renovation wave and make our Union a leader in the circular economy. But this is not just an environmental or economic project: it needs to be a new cultural project for Europe," said the President of the European Commission Ursula Von der Leyen in her State of the Union address in September 2020.
18 January 2021 marks the official start of the New European Bauhaus co-design phase with a new website. The New European Bauhaus website will be the key tool of the co-design phase, including three fundamental features:
- A broad invitation to interested stakeholders and networks to organise conversations around the New European Bauhaus concept, supported by an "engagement toolkit."
- A harvesting tool to collect inputs through three complementary entry points:
- Existing inspiring examples for the New European Bauhaus
- Challenges and needs that the New European Bauhaus should cater to
- Ideas for the New European Bauhaus action and community
- A call to become a Partner of the New European Bauhaus
The website contains detailed information regarding the concrete steps and possibilities for contributing to the initiative.