The French National Institute for Circular Economy (INEC) has published its Programme Ecole circulaire (in FR), whose objective is to use schools - a place familiar to all - as showcases for the circular economy. It contains a series of good practices (for public and private actors, youth) - over 40 territorial initiatives and 50 operational solutions - on the following themes:
- school buildings (construction, renovation)
- energy supply
- inner/outer spatial planning
- school cleaning (products and apparel, staff training)
- food loop (local and sustainable food, waste, water fountains)
- logistics (mobility, deliveries)
- student awareness (waste management, recycling, exchange).