Knowledge brokerage between Slovenia and Portugal on waste collection facilities and communication strategies
Between 2018 and 2019, knowledge brokerage (facilitating the exchange or sharing of knowledge among stakeholders) took place between Slovenia and Portugal on waste collection and treatment, reuse and repair facilities as well as communication strategies.
- 5-6 September 2018: study visit to Ljubljana by Portuguese municipal waste management company GESAMB serving the Évora region, focussing on the set-up of effective separate waste collection, repair and reuse systems, within the framework of the TAIEX-EIR Peer-2-Peer Tool, with the full support of Municipal Waste Europe.
- 17-21 September 2018: visit to Évora by experts from public waste management company SNAGA (Ljubljana) to identify barriers and opportunities in the implementation of improvements in the waste management system.
- 23-25 September 2019: visit to the Évora region by SNAGA to provide on-going support in the implementation of the biowaste collection and treatment systems.
After this follow-up expert mission, the following actions were agreed:
- Biowaste collection from large producers
- Pilot project for separate collection of biowaste from households in Évora.
- Separate collection of biowaste from restaurants in Évora’s historical centre.
For a more in-depth description of the project, please consult the report.