In addition to the production of fresh mushrooms, Funghi Espresso also specializes in the production of substrate ready for mushroom cultivation (kit).
Funghi Espresso also organizes educational and training courses for schools and training on the job to replicate the model.
Main activity field:
- The cycle starts from the coffee residues, which are collected from the bars of the Florence area (in Tuscany).
- The coffee grounds are used together with the coffee silver skin to produce an ideal substrate for the cultivation of mushrooms of the Pleurotus species.
- Once the mushrooms have grown, the exhausted substrate is regenerated through worm composting for the production of earthworm humus and earthworms.
- The humus is reused as an organic soil improver and the earthworms supplement the feeding of fish.
- Thanks to the organic waste of fish, water can be used for the cultivation of natural vegetables through the hydroponic method.
To sum up, the Funghi Espresso model makes it possible to produce mushrooms and an organic fertile substrate for agriculture, and as a secondary product, earthworms for fishfarming.