Ragn-Sells collects, treats and recycles waste and residual products from businesses, organisations and households. Ragn-Sells' innovation company EasyMining provides solutions for nutrient recovery:
- extracting phosphorous from sewage sludge ash
- extracting salts, such as potassium chloride, and detoxifying waste-to-energy fly ash
- removing and recovering nitrogen from water flows with a high concentration of ammonium nitrogen.
The recovered nutrients can be used in fertilisers and replace virgin resources, contributing to a circular economy and the reduction of human-made climate change. The technologies are based on low energy need and a high detoxification rate.
Main activity field:
- Ragn-Sells partners with Hitachi Zosen Inova to build circular fly ash plant
- Ragn-Sells is applying for a permit to build a facility for phosphorous recycling in Sweden
- Ragn-Sells and Gelsenwasser agree on partnership to recover phosphorous from sewage sludge in Germany
- EasyMining's circular nitrogen technology secures 19 MSEK from EU LIFE