Batteries' recycling: energising the EU green transition
The European Waste Management Association (FEAD) would like to provide room for discussions on the sustainable recycling of batteries, in view of the new Regulation on Sustainable Batteries proposed by the European Commission in December 2020.
Due to a substantial increase in the production and consumption of batteries, the goal is to illustrate how the waste management sector provides sustainable solutions to end-of-life batteries.
The online event - held on 22 March (14:00-16:00 CET) by FEAD as part of the EU Industry Days 2021 in partnership with the European Commission - aims at pointing out how batteries’ recycling can substantially contribute to the circular economy and, more generally, to climate neutrality. Industrial representatives active in the sector will demonstrate how their innovative models are able to drive change and successfully contribute to the green transition.
- Jose RIZO MARTIN, Senior Expert in the European Commission, DG Environment, Directorate B, Circular Economy & Green Growth
- MEP Maria SPYRAKI, Shadow-Rapporteur for the new Regulation on Sustainable Batteries, European Parliament – ITRE Committee (EPP, Greece)
- Hartmut STAHL, Senior Researcher, Oeko Institut
- Ralf MITTERMAYR, CEO, Saubermacher Dienstleistungs AG (Austria)
- Alessandro DANESI, Commercial Director of S.E.VAL Group (Italy)
- Janne KOIVISTO, Public Affairs Manager, Fortum Recycling and Waste Solutions (Finland)
- Peter KURTH, FEAD President.
Wrap up by Ms. Valérie PLAINEMAISON, FEAD Secretary-General.
Moderation by Ms. Claire DOOLE.
To register click here.