This high-level EU bioeconomy conference will celebrate the launch of the updated EU Bioeconomy Strategy and Action Plan to enhance the transition in a changed EU policy context and towards a new environmental, social and economic reality. It will also set the scene for the start of the discussion about synergetic actions across different priority areas:
- support strategic research and innovation, and strengthen support for education and training
- upscale the bio-based sectors, mobilise investments, support the creation of markets, develop better monitoring
- encourage the adoption, update and coherence of national and regional Bioeconomy Strategies throughout Europe with citizen engagement
- strengthen the understanding and resilience of land and sea ecosystems
- monitoring and assessment of bioeconomy development
Registration will be opened early September.