The EU Platform on Food Losses and Food Waste meets with a focus on date marking
The 13th meeting of the EU Platform on Food Losses and Food Waste will take place on 20 October (9:30 - 16:30 CEST). At the top of the agenda will be date marking. The event will also be webstreamed.
1. Introduction by the Chair
2. Platform sub-groups: update by co-chairs on ongoing work
3. Global developments in food loss and waste prevention, update by Liz Goodwin, Senior Fellow and Director, Food Loss and Waste, World Resources Institute and exchange with members
(Coffee break 11:00-11:15)
4. Reducing food loss and waste, for people and our planet, intervention by Claire Bury, Deputy-Director General DG SANTE and exchange with members
5. Setting EU-level food waste reduction targets and monitoring food waste levels across the EU, update by the Commission and exchange with members
(Lunch break 13:00-14:30)
6.1 Revision of EU rules on date marking, update by the Commission and exchange with members
6.2 Results of the consumer research study, presentation by Frans Folkvord, Senior Policy Researcher, Open Evidence and exchange with members
7. Other EU actions to reduce food loss and waste, update by the Commission and exchange with members
8. Conclusions and wrap-up by the Chair.