Recyclers’ Talks #3: Circular Metals and Global Value Chains
Metal recycling plays a key role in Europe’s circular and climate neutral objectives. Thanks to their intrinsic properties, metals can be indefinitely recycled without losing their properties. Yet, more can be done to better reward metal recycling and circular metal value chains, while preserving the competitiveness of Europe’s recycling industry. Join EuRIC Recyclers’ Talks#3 Circular Metals and Global Value Chains on 7 June 2021 to learn more!
Keynote Opening Statements (14:00 – 14:40 CEST)
- Susie BURRAGE, President of EuRIC Non-Ferrous Metal Recycling and Trade Branch (EUROMETREC) – Opening remarks
- Hildegard BENTELE, Member of the European Parliament (tbc)
- Frank POTHEN, Head of Fraunhofer IMW branch, Halle (Saale), Center for Economics of Materials CEM
Panel Discussion with Q&As from the audience (14:40 – 15:50 CEST)
- Maria NYBERG, Policy Officer - Energy Intensive Industries and Raw Materials, DG GROW, European Commission
- Axel EGGERT, Director General, EUROFER
- Thomas PAPAGEORGIOU, President of EuRIC Ferrous Recycling Branch (EFR)
- Tom BIRD, President of BIR Murat BAYRAM, Director and Head of European Non-Ferrous, EMR
Concluding remarks and policy recommendations (15:50 – 16:00)
- Olivier FRANCOIS, Vice-President of EuRIC
The event will be moderated by Kira TAYLOR, Journalist @EURACTIV.